Re: Gimp broken in Debian Sid?

On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 07:33:16 +0100
Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 07:58:41 +0200
> Thierry Rascle <thierr26@free.fr> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using Debian Sid. Gimp does not seem to work any more (the user
> > interface does not show up). I've tried in Xmonad and in Openbox.
> >
> > I have no idea what causes this. I don't see any error message.
> >
> > Does anyone else have the same problem ?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Thierry
> >

> No. 2.10 behaves differently, and I find the toolbox much harder to
> use, as I only use GIMP occasionally, but it's working. My sid is up
> to date, but of course will be very different from your sid.

Yes, I noticed that the toolbox has changed with 2.10 two months ago.
There was also a new issue with the gimp-ufraw plugin, forcing the user
to use the standalone ufraw application instead. But Gimp was usable.

Now it is totally unusable for me. A 'ps -ef' shows a gimp process
running but I don't see any windows in any workspace. A 'xwininfo -tree
-root' does not list any Gimp windows. Launching Gimp from a terminal
does not give any error message.

--
Thierry