Re: Trouble booting lvm raid/luks system with latest kernel in Testing

Alex Gould wrote:

> I imagine I will need to fix some settings for initramfs, grub, crypttab,
> fstab, or something, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

I would compare content of new and old initrd

lsinitramfs /boot/initrd-.... > initrd.1.content
lsinitramfs /boot/initrd-.... > initrd.2.content

diff -ub initrd.2.content initrd.1.content

is there something missing?

There are good howtos around, you can try.

check this first
https://wiki.debian.org/InitramfsDebug
https://wiki.debian.org/initramfs -> How to inspect initramfs

and to get the content out

unmkinitramfs /boot/initrd.img-$(uname -r) initramfs/

regards