Trouble booting lvm raid/luks system with latest kernel in Testing

Hi, I'm hoping for some advice for a problem with my system that is tracking Debian Testing.

The system has two equally-sized internal hard drives. They are partitioned in the following way:

Disk A has a smaller ext2 partition that serves as /boot, with the remainder being a physical volume for LVM

Disk B has one partition, a physical volume for LVM.

The two physical volumes are combined via LVM into one logical volume.

This logical volume is encrypted with cryptsetup using a passphrase (to be entered at boot).

The resulting encrypted volume is then used as a physical volume for LVM, which is divided into two logical volumes: swap and / (root).

This setup was all created via the Debian installer.

Until now, everything seemed to work flawlessly -- Grub loaded the initramfs, I was prompted for the password for the encrypted volume, and then booting proceeded normally to a usable system.

After upgrading to the latest kernel 4.16.0-2-amd64, this no longer worked. Grub loaded, and I got the error message "Cryptsetup: waiting for encrypted source device UUID=365b88eb-195f-43a8-8776-8969ed47744c..." followed a few minutes later by dropping into the initramfs shell.

Boot still works normally if I select the previous kernel, 4.16.0-1-amd64 from the Grub menu.

I imagine I will need to fix some settings for initramfs, grub, crypttab, fstab, or something, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

Any advice on this complicated question is greatly appreciated. Thank you!