Re: XOpenIM errors

On 7/3/2018 8:47 PM, Brian Cary wrote:
Greetings,
I'm running a new Debian 9.4 system - I was a longtime Ubuntu user.
I'm trying to figure out why I get these errors when I run a
game dev program called "Godot". Didn't have the problem
in Ubuntu, so I assume it's something different with Debian?
Google and the Godot community have no idea, so
I'm throwing up a "Hail Mary" here. I totally understand
if no one wants to tackle this though.

Here're the error messages, they show up in the terminal
when running the program Godot from there:

0:00:00:0004 - XOpenIM failed
----------
Type:Warning
Time: 0:00:00:0004
C Error: XOpenIM failed
C Source: platform/x11/os_x11.cpp:231
C Function: initialize

and

0:00:00:0085 - XCreateIC couldn't create xic
----------
Type:Warning
Time: 0:00:00:0085
C Error: XCreateIC couldn't create xic
C Source: platform/x11/os_x11.cpp:415
C Function: initialize

I have no idea what any of that even means. Thoughts?

Both of the messages are of the type "Warning" which indicates that the code can't do something but there not an "error" per say! :)

If beyond the warnings you don't have any issues playing the game I would simply ignore them.
Isn't there an option to disable warnings related to "OSX"?

--
John Doe