XOpenIM errors

Greetings,
I'm running a new Debian 9.4 system - I was a longtime Ubuntu user.
I'm trying to figure out why I get these errors when I run a
game dev program called "Godot". Didn't have the problem
in Ubuntu, so I assume it's something different with Debian?
Google and the Godot community have no idea, so
I'm throwing up a "Hail Mary" here. I totally understand
if no one wants to tackle this though.

Here're the error messages, they show up in the terminal
when running the program Godot from there:

0:00:00:0004 - XOpenIM failed
----------
Type:Warning
Time: 0:00:00:0004
C Error: XOpenIM failed
C Source: platform/x11/os_x11.cpp:231
C Function: initialize

and

0:00:00:0085 - XCreateIC couldn't create xic
Type:Warning
Time: 0:00:00:0085
C Error: XCreateIC couldn't create xic
C Source: platform/x11/os_x11.cpp:415
C Function: initialize

I have no idea what any of that even means. Thoughts?

Thanks,
--Brian