Debian testing - release number

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if it is possible to get the debian release number for debian testing (and maybe sid) from command line?

I know that current testing is codename buster, while its release number is 10.
I can get the codename from command line, but not that the corresponding release number is 10. I know I could match the codename to release numbers, but that is not a nice solution.
For stable (stretch 9) and oldstable (jessie 8) etc. it is possible to get that number using different commands.

I additionally understand that it is not possible to display something like 10.1 or 10.2 since testing follows not the same release process as stable does.

Here are the commands & output I tested without success:
root@mybuster:~# cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux buster/sid"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
ID=debian
HOME_URL="https://www.debian.org/"
SUPPORT_URL="https://www.debian.org/support"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.debian.org/"
root@mybuster:~# cat /etc/issue
Debian GNU/Linux buster/sid \n \l

root@mybuster:~# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Release: testing
Codename: buster
root@mybuster:~# cat /etc/debian_version
buster/sid
root@mybuster:~# cat /proc/version
Linux version 4.16.0-2-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 7.3.0 (Debian 7.3.0-19)) #1 SMP Debian 4.16.12-1 (2018-05-27)
root@mybuster:~# uname -a
Linux mybuster 4.16.0-2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.16.12-1 (2018-05-27) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thank you for any input :)