Re: GCC 7

On Thu, 14 Jun 2018, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> Took out mk-sbuild for a whirl. What I didn't like at all: when you
> invoke a command and it goes out and starts installing packages for
> you (and doing other assorted sysadmin tasks).

You can do everything that mk-sbuild does for you manually, but when
you're setting up many different sbuild chroots, it makes things much
easier. [And it makes my response much simpler.]

The things that mk-sbuild installs are just sbuild, schroot, and
debootstrap, and possibly lvm2 if you're using lvm chroots; I actually
didn't notice that it even did that because I have all of them
installed. [And really, mk-sbuild *is* a sysadmin tool designed to
automate sysadmin tasks.]

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

"I always tend to assume there's an infinite amount of money out
there." "There might as well be, [...] but most of it gets spent on
pornography, sugar water, and bombs. There is only so much that can be
scraped together for particle accelerators."
 -- Neal Stephenson _Anathem_ p262