NitroShare doesn't seem to work with Buster

I note that there aren't any Buster packages available for NitroShare. The Sid packages don't work with Buster - I get the message "QSystemTrayIcon::setVisible: No Icon set" when I try to launch it (from the command line - the Plasma menu launcher hides the error message). However nitroshare is still running despite the error. It has a process and is consuming resources (notably it grabs a port).

However, when I try to connect to my Buster workstation from my Android phone, the nitroshare app goes searching forever. It never finds a machine to connect to.

My real problem is that another thing that doesn't work with Bust is mtp, so I can't transfer files via the USB charging cable. I was hoping that NitroShare work give me an alternative, if less desirable, solution.

Has anyone been able to get NitroShare to work with Buster? Does anyone have any idea when a working Buster package will become available?

Or on another subject, does anyone know if mtp will ever work?