Re: new install of amd64, 9-4 from iso #1

> On Jun 10, 2018, at 1:44 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
>
> Greetings all;
>
> I have the dvd written, and a new 2T drive currently occupying
> the /dev/sdc slot.
>
> What I want, since the drive has been partitioned to /boot, /home, /, and
> swap, is 1; for this install to not touch any other drive currently
> mounted, and 2; use the partitions I've already setup on this new drive
> without arguing with me.
>
> and 3: to  treat the grub install as if there are no other drives hooked
> up. I don't need grub to fill half the boot screen with data from the
> other drives.
>
> How do I best achieve that?

As others have pointed out, 1 and 2 are just a matter of using the tools the installer provides.  To accomplish 2, you should probably choose “manual” partitioning.  You may need to choose “expert” mode at boot time for the installer.

As for 3, my approach would be to open up the box and temporarily disconnect the power from the other two disks while installing to the third disk.  After the install you can reconnect the power and you will wind up with two bootable drives. You will then have to choose between them at the BIOS level.

Hope that helps!
Rick