Re: Trouble installing openedx on Debian9

I followed this https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openedx-ops/xYIWpRfIXOs to install the edx on my machine
.yea the article is old,I thought the procedure for debian9 would be similar to the one given in the article.
when I run the mainscript. I found the error.

when i comment the line in  /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ppa_edx_org.list  the error is rectified.but when I again run the command. the file is created again and issue remains the same.
I am just trying to learn

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 5:56 PM, didier gaumet <didier.gaumet@gmail.com> wrote:
Le 05/06/2018 à 12:47, Sonu Sirvee a écrit :
> yea.. it is compatible with Ubuntu. I want it to port on Debian..under
> that process I came across this error
>
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:00 PM, didier gaumet <didier.gaumet@gmail.com
> <mailto:didier.gaumet@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Le 05/06/2018 à 10:26, tomas@tuxteam.de <mailto:tomas@tuxteam.de> a
>     écrit :
>
>     > As I already said, I don't know even what "edx" is. A cursory
>     > web search didn't make me smarter either.
>
>     I did not know myself either :-)
>     it's about online learning:
>     https://open.edx.org/about-open-edx
>     <https://open.edx.org/about-open-edx>
>     The poster did not mention what is goal is by trying to install openedx
>     but from what I gather from the above mentionned website, he does not
>     need openedx software at all if his sole purpose is to access online
>     courses (LMS): that may be done with a web browser
>
>     And for creating or managing courses: there is a native Ubuntu 16.04
>     version and a Docker container that is recommended for other linuxes

1) Please, please, please... As Thomas already asked you: answer only to
the Debian user mailing list (or the newsgroup or the web forum,
depending on what you use). Other people might have the same problem as
yours in the future and this thread may help them.

2) What do you mean by "I want to port it to Debian"? There is no
Openedx Ubuntu package: so what you want is adapt the Ubuntu native
install procedure to Debian? or create a Debian package? or just running
Openedx on Debian? or something else?

3) How, precisely, did you try to install Openedx on Debian? Your first
message mentions the transcription of an error message but not the steps
you achieved that caused it.

4) Be warned that my comptetences in porting and packaging tend to zero :-)