Re: Intermittent blank screen – Stretch

Yes, it is a smart tv.

On 02/06/18 10:56, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
On 05/31/2018 04:27 PM, Mike wrote:
I have just installed Stretch and and randomly getting a 2 second (or so) blank screen. I can go for quite some time without it happening, or it can happen several times over a few minutes. I can dual boot with Jessie and do not have the problem with that – so I think I can rule out a hardware issue.

I have an Nvidia GTX1050 video card, HDMI output to a Samsung 49" TV, 4K video. There is no other type of input into the TV for me to be able to test.

Here is what I have done
1. Installed Stretch (amd64) with XFCE
2. apt-get install firmware-linux nvidia-driver nvidia-settings nvidia-xconfig
3. run nvidia-xconfig
4. turned off screen blanking in power settings

I am quite happy to spend time troubleshooting, but don’t really know where to start. The blanking happens too quickly for me to be able to do anything at the time.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

I see the same thing on my smart-tv, while watching movies from my laptop.

If you have a smart-tv then you have a tv with a computer in it and it's try to communicate with your computer and your computer is trying to communicate with your tv, not a good thing.  Both Wheezy and Jessie with no-systemd do not have this behavior. Maybe the problem can be fixed, maybe.

Cheers,