Re: appropriate package for bug report about qualcomm atheros attansic l1

On Wed, 30 May 2018, Υπάτιος Μ. Μωυσιάδης wrote:
> i want to send through email a bug report, for a bug that i think my pc has.
> My problem/bug, is that i have a network card qualcomm atheros attansic l1
> gigabit ethernet (revb0) [1969:1048], that can't connect to the internet,
> through ethernet which is the only option. From some commands that i found
> in the internet i show in my pc a message [1.456178] atl1 probe of
> 0000:02:00.0 failed with error -5.

This bug has already been reported:
https://bugs.debian.org/779329

Your best bet is to try to reproduce it with a more modern kernel (or
perhaps see if a backported kernel still shows the issue), and mail
that bug report with details on how to reproduce it.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

He was wrong. Nature abhors dimensional abnormalities, and seals them
neatly away so that they don't upset people. Nature, in fact, abhors a
lot of things, including vacuums, ships called the Marie Celeste, and
the chuck keys for electric drills.
 -- Terry Pratchet _Pyramids_ p166