irc client question

For now I'm using BitchX.  That could change though.  What I'd like to do
after getting a new account on a server is to get a complete list of all
channels on that server.  Ideally, I'd be able to issue the /list command
and have the entire output sent to a text file on my drive sceamlessly.
Less than ideal, examine the list of channels through a pager like less.
For now I don't know of irc clients that can do this and am curious if any
exist I can run on the command line.