Re: Nvidia, BOINC and Steam

On Wed, 2018-05-16 at 22:46 +0200, Nicolas FRANCOIS wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've been working with a stable Debian for a few years now (three
> major
> releases), with backports depots for a few tools I use regularly. I
> need a proprietary Nvidia driver for essentially two things : Steam,
> because I'm a Civ V gamer, and BOINC, because my computer is up
> 24h/day.

	I know this reply is coming a bit late but I wasn't able to
check email for the last few days.

	Steam requires some 32 bit libraries to work. Add the i386
architecture before installing it:

# dpkg --add-architecture i386
# apt-get install steam

	If Steam is already installe, remove it, add the architecture
and reinstall it.

	BOINC is broken and I've given up trying to make it work for
now.

HTH
--Francisco