Re: Correct: System Thinks Hardware Clock is UTC

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 12:15:05PM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> > > Haven't
> > > installed any other OS on this system since Wheezy 5 years ago.

Oh, good, then you can simply set the hardware cl--

> Unfortunately, I have other OSes on this system and they are configured
> for the hardware clock set to local time. I need to keep it that way.

Um... OK.  This sudden reversal is confusing to me, but if you've got
it dual-booting between Windows and Linux, then setting the HW clock to
local time may be your simplest option.

In past versions of Debian, this was done by editing the /etc/default/rcS
file.  But that's not true in stretch.

If I'm reading the man pages and the /etc/init.d/* scripts correctly
(as you said you're using sysv-rc rather than systemd), it looks like
the setting for HW clock to UTC or local is in the /etc/adjtime file
now.  There's no separate man page for it.  The documentation for
/etc/adjtime appears to be in the hwclock(8) man page, under the section
header "The Adjtime File".