Re: Running GParted and Synaptic without entering password

On Sun 13 May 2018 at 08:18:26 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

> The underlying problem is not understanding what I read concerning sudo &/or
> /etc/sudoers (*INCLUDING* man pages).
>
> Only *ONE* individual has physical access to my _personal_ machine.

Not an unusual view. Generally advanced by people who have little
appreciation of what is meant by administering a system and want
things their own way. A fuse blows in their house; easily solved
with a six inch nail as a replacement.

> Therefore, any distinction between 'richard' and 'root' is inherently
> artificial.

Both users can wallow in the same pool of ignorance, then.

Accepting the proposition richard could always operate as superuser.
Problem solved. Next, please.

--
Brian.