Re: which program do you recommend to read pdf file

On 10/05/18 13:37, Long Wind wrote:
i download a lot of books in pdf form from archive.org
as an example and for test purpose: introductiontomo00plet.pdf
but my acrobat reader in stretch is painfully slow in displaying them
which program can you recommend? Thanks!

I use and recommend qpdfview. It is built with Qt but can be configured to use GTK themes and play nicely with Xfce with:
https://packages.debian.org/sid/qt5-style-plugins
and setting QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk2 in my environment.

The default desktop launcher uses "qpdfview --unique", which is annoying if you want separate instances rather than one application with tabs, so I added a custom launcher in ~/.local/share/applications without this flag.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director