Re: which program do you recommend to read pdf file

On Thu, 10 May 2018 01:37:19 +0000 (UTC)
Long Wind <longwind2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> i download a lot of books in pdf form from archive.org
> as an example and for test purpose: introductiontomo00plet.pdf
>
> but my acrobat reader in stretch is painfully slow in displaying them
>
> which program can you recommend? Thanks!

mupdf - very fast (although for some reason it
seems to be slower than it used to be, and it exhibits some really bad
screen tearing on some PDFs), with good key bindings, no unicode support

evince - more featureful and more modern and GUIish, includes native
printing support (useful for when you want to print a page range subset
of the PDF), good support for unicode

zathura (with zathura-pdf-poppler) - very fast, and vi-ish

Celejar