Re: which program do you recommend to read pdf file

Long Wind <longwind2@yahoo.com> writes:

> but my acrobat reader in stretch is painfully slow in displaying them

Acrobat Reader is non-free software, which means the GNU+Linux community
cannot do anything to improve that software.

What's more, even Adobe is no longer supporting that program on
GNU+Linux <URL:https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2273757>. So whatever
problems it has, will likely remain and get worse over time.

So I am not too surprised that it performs badly :-)

> which program can you recommend? Thanks!

The catalogue at <URL:https://pdfreaders.org/> can be useful.

The Evince viewer <URL:https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evince> is clean and
nice to use, and in the GNOME desktop environment, Evince is the default
Document Viewer program for PDF and many other formats.

You can start with that; I have never needed anything else for PDF since
I started using Evince :-)

--
 \              “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does |
  `\           knowledge.” —Charles Darwin, _The Descent of Man_, 1871 |