Re: messed up release in apt

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 11:49:33 -0500 Anil Duggirala said:

> Please tell me how I can locate all wrongly installed packages and
> remove them, and install correct packages from stretch-backports,

Hello Anil,

I think while Curt's dpkg/awk solution is elegant, /var/log/apt/history.log* is
more deterministic.

I would remove the jessie-backports line from sources.list, apt-get update,
then remove every package previous upgrade installed, force-reinstall (from
stretch repos) every package previous upgrade upgraded, install every package
(from stretch) previous upgrade removed, all in a single long "apt-get install"
line.

PS: It is possible to remove a package via apt-get "install" command with a
hyphen prepended to the package name.

Regards.
--
Abdullah Ramazanoglu