Re: [OT - long running shows] Re: List words separated by comma and without duplicates

On 30/04/18 12:56, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 29 April 2018 20:27:56 Richard Hector wrote:
>
>> On 30/04/18 10:29, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> The Simpsons, who just passed Gunsmoke as the longest running
>>> program ever.
>>
>> I can't figure out what criteria are required to make that work.
>>
>> Richard
>
> Number of episodes aired. Gunsmoke ran for IIRC 22 years, 861 episodes.
> Yesterdays Simpsons made 862 episodes. Gunsmoke started in b&w, shot
> with image orthicon cameras, switched to vidicon's about the same time I
> was helping make the vidicon cameras that went down into the mohole on
> the Trieste in Fed '60. Yeah, I'm that old an old fart. :)

CBS News: 16,400+
General Hospital: 14,000+

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest-running_United_States_television_series

Other countries don't necessarily seem to count episodes, but also have
long-running series.

Richard