Re: [OT - long running shows] Re: List words separated by comma and without duplicates

On Sunday 29 April 2018 20:27:56 Richard Hector wrote:

> On 30/04/18 10:29, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > The Simpsons, who just passed Gunsmoke as the longest running
> > program ever.
>
> I can't figure out what criteria are required to make that work.
>
> Richard

Number of episodes aired. Gunsmoke ran for IIRC 22 years, 861 episodes.
Yesterdays Simpsons made 862 episodes. Gunsmoke started in b&w, shot
with image orthicon cameras, switched to vidicon's about the same time I
was helping make the vidicon cameras that went down into the mohole on
the Trieste in Fed '60. Yeah, I'm that old an old fart. :)

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)