Re: Email tutorial?

On Thu 26 Apr 2018 at 09:03:58 (+0900), John Crawley (johnraff) wrote:
> On 2018-04-25 14:25, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> >>https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN24016.html
> >>My email account recently bounced some messages from this list for
> >>that reason.
> >Are mails from this list "marked as from a yahoo address"? I strongly
> >doubt that. FWIW, I see them coming from "lists.debian.org", as they
> >should...
>
> Not here. For example, your mail appears to me, on Thunderbird, as being
> From: tomas@tuxteam.de
> and
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

Yes, the message came from tomas, but the email you received came from
the list server. There will be a header at the top of your email
that's being hidden from you:

and when your email server goes belly-up, that should prevent the
bounced email going back to tomas (who has no interest in the
condition of your server).

Cheers,
David.