Re: DNS server won't talk to me

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018, Greg Wooledge wrote:
[...]
> You misunderstand.  That's not the resolver that Francois is using.
> It's the authoritative name server for the domain he's trying to resolve
> (maibokun.com).
[...]
> As a *workaround*, sure, he could use a public resolver like Google's
> 8.8.8.8 as a sort of "proxy" that the Japanese name server is willing
> to talk to.  But short of that, he is completely cut off by the
> router on the Japanese end.

Yep. So much for the Internet being a peer-to-peer network :-(

So in the end I configured things to go through a public resolver (but
not Google). And while I was at it I installed dnscrypt-proxy (which was
in the news recently and which Bob Weber also mentioned).

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget@free.fr>              http://fgouget.free.fr/
                              145 = 1! + 4! + 5!