Re: Network-related Chicken and Egg Issue, attempting Install of Debian 9.4

On 04/22/18 11:02, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 10:55:48AM -0700, David Christensen wrote:
On 04/21/18 22:26, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
... systemd ...
spreading FUD about it
just fires backwards, and shouldn't be the style here...

Please cite the FUD I am spreading about systemd.

Always glad to oblige.

In Message-ID: <[🔎] 36b4e7a4-5b5f-e605-efe4-e59d8d9605c2@holgerdanske.com>
| On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 03:13:09PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:
| > AFAIK ifconfig was superseded by some component of systemd.

That is not FUD; it is a hypothesis. That is why I prefaced it with "AFAIK". Proving, disproving, and/or improving the hypothesis would require researching ifconfig(8), systemd(1), and the reasons why the former was dropped from the default installation when the latter was introduced into Debian (Jesse?).

David