Re: Network-related Chicken and Egg Issue, attempting Install of Debian 9.4

On Sunday, April 22, 2018 10:55:48 AM -04 David Christensen wrote:

> On 04/21/18 22:26, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> > ... systemd ...

> > spreading FUD about it

> > just fires backwards, and shouldn't be the style here...

> Please cite the FUD I am spreading about systemd.

> David

man ip:

"ip was written by Alexey N. Kuznetsov and added in Linux 2.2."
by 2.2 there was no mention of systemd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemd:

"Lennart Poettering and Kay Sievers started the project to develop systemd in 2010."

To call the "AFAIK" "FUD" seems a bit harsh but mentioning ip as part of systemd *is* plain wrong.
I made the mistake to attribute failings of my system installation to systemd only to find out later that the problem was entirely unrelated to systemd and the cause sometimes to be solely sought between chair and keyboard.

Have a nice day y'all
Eike