Re: mkisofs

Hi,

Leandro Noferini wrote:
> libisofs: WARNING : Cannot add /doc/FAQ/html/index.html to Joliet tree. Symlinks can only be added to a Rock Ridge tree.

This is a justified warning. Joliet cannot represent symbolic links or
other non-data file types.
To our luck Joliet is not used during booting or when the ISO is mounted
by a Linux kernel without option "-o norock". So its not a problem.

> And the resulting image does not work.

See my previous mail
  Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 19:32:31 +0200
for questions and proposals around this.

> Now I will search some documentation about mkisofs trying to understand
> the options in the original command to reproduce with xorriso.

You created about what a Debian 5 ISO had as boot equipment:
  https://wiki.debian.org/RepackBootableISO#amd64_release_5.0.4
It will work only with CD, DVD, or BD media.

If you began with a Debian 9 ISO for i386 or amd64, then have a look at
  https://wiki.debian.org/RepackBootableISO#Determine_those_options_which_need_to_be_adapted
This will work from USB stick, memory card, or hard disk, if you put it onto
them by a shell command like the "cp" or the "dd" at
  https://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#write-usb

If nothing works with your headless machine, then try what happens if
you use the medium with a computer that can show graphics. Maybe it
boots but the bootloader or the debian-installer still wait for some
user interaction.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas