Re: mkisofs (was: Installer image for installation via ssh)

Hi,

silviu writes at www.sgvulcan.com
  "Your headless machine should already be set to boot of cd if one
   is present, otherwise it will not work."
  "The image you just obtained is ready to burn."

So does your headless machine have a CD-ROM (or DVD, or Blu-ray) drive
from which it is set to boot if a bootable medium is present ?

If you try this from USB stick, hard disk, or memory card, then you need
to specially prepare the ISO before putting it onto the storage device.
In above case, a run of program "isohybrid" from package "syslinux-utils".
Just run

  isohybrid custom_install.iso

I just finished the initial text of a wiki page about the step of
packing up a Debian ISO without losing any of its boot capabilities.
  https://wiki.debian.org/RepackBootableISO

Have a nice day :)

Thomas