Re: has anyone tried simple-cdd? (was: Installer image for installation via ssh

Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
> On 4/19/18, songbird wrote:
>>   when looking for something else i came across it and
>> was curious.  haven't tried it here, but will give it
>> a try sometime in the future if i need to cook one up.
>

> I'm game, primarily since it's available via "main", but it will take
> a while between download time and the usual whole flubbing it up a few
> times before success. After reading through the first part of its
> description, I figured I could test it via virtual machine. Next part
> of its description mentions QEMU so there you go....... :)
>
> If it absolutely demands a physical disk to plant itself, I may even
> have one of those that works. Optimal for today's World, though, will
> be if it offers an option that lets you save something like an ISO
> file straight to a hard drive. :)

  i always cache downloaded packages just in case i ever
need them for something else.  with my connection not
being super fast it does help at times.

  the other day was the first day i even looked at qemu
to see if i could use it for doing git bisect for tracking
down some issues.  i have to pass for now, but it looks
interesting.

  songbird