Re: Installer image for installation via ssh

Abdullah Ramazanoglu wrote:

> Or, if you can get into BIOS settings somehow (in spite of a defunct graph
> card?) and if your machine (BIOS) can use an RS232 port for remote console
> (server class machines usually do) then you can connect to the broken
> machine over telnet / RS-232.

if it was not configured in bios prior the card broke, it is unlikely to be
able to configure it after the card was broken.
what might help here and is not very hard to configure, is to get it done
via nfs boot - you can prepare it with a working computer and then run the
one with the broken card. But again if bios was not configured to run PXE
as boot option, it is unlikely that it will work without a graphic card.

https://wiki.debian.org/PXEBootInstall

In summary I think OP should borrow or buy a second hand graphic card - even
old one would work - there are some really cheep, as you simply need a
command line/text console.

example
https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-ATI-Graphics-Capability-Compatible/dp/B006P5AB08/ref=pd_sbs_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B006P5AB08&pd_rd_r=G8DSE36H9NTQ0MG2RT1N&pd_rd_w=p506i&pd_rd_wg=qsgy0&psc=1&refRID=G8DSE36H9NTQ0MG2RT1N

or
https://www.amazon.com/Dell-KH276-Silicon-PCI-Express-Graphics/dp/B00E1M1BWE/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1524081026&sr=1-1&refinements=p_n_condition-type%3A2224373011

regards