Re: Installer image for installation via ssh

On Wed 18 Apr 2018 at 17:41:20 +0200, Leandro Noferini wrote:

> The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > https://sowhatisthesolution.wordpress.com/2016/03/13/headless-debian-install-via-ssh/
> >
> > which appears to be someone's directions for doing exactly what you're
> > after, only a couple of years old.
>
> I hoped to find something "pre-cooked".
>
> :-)

Debian gives you all the ingredients - you will have to do your own
cooking.

> Could be something to ask for in debian community?

All installation media have the ability to run the installer over an
ssh link using the network-console udeb. Obtain it when d-i gets to
the "Load installer components from an installer ISO". Stop when you
have done "Continue installation remotely using SSH". I imagine you
will have to preseed all the steps up to that one because you do not
have a working graphics card.

Then (from the client) connect with 'ssh installer@IP (preseed IP
and password) and start the installer.

--