Re: how to find out ethernet device name

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018, Long Wind wrote:
> we used to call them eth0, eth1 ...now we use new names
> i have a ethernet card in stretchhow to find out its name? Thanks!

sudo ip link;

will show you what the available interface names are.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

We cast this message into the cosmos. [...] We are trying to survive
our time so we may live into yours. We hope some day, having solved
the problems we face, to join a community of Galactic Civilizations.
This record represents our hope and our determination and our goodwill
in a vast and awesome universe.
 -- Jimmy Carter on the Voyager Golden Record