Re: How to redirect messages in ~/.xsession-errors to a FIFO device?

On Fri, Apr 06, 2018 at 05:48:35PM +0200, Mikhail Morfikov wrote:
> If I set $ERRFILE to the FIFO device, processing of the script will be stopped
> in the point where "exec ..." appears (before sourcing the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/
> dir).

You need to run something in the background which opens the FIFO for
reading before you run foreground commands that try to open the FIFO
for writing.

Typically you would create the FIFO, then launch the reader (logger)
in the background, then carry on with opening FIFO writers.