Re: Invalid UTF-8 byte? (was: Re: utf)

rhkramer:

The reason I wanted such a byte was to use it as a record separator in a set of text files (that I use as an askSam "workalike" (or "worksimilar") so that I could use msort (which depends on a 1 byte record separator to --separate the records ;-) while sorting. Some of the files already include UTF-8, and, in the future, I anticpate all will be in UTFF-8.

Note that ISO 646, hence ISO 8859, hence ISO 10646, has had a single-byte Record Separator character since the 1960s. (-: