Re: Storing "real" user data: was: Re: Update: Re: Password Manager opinions and recommendations

On Fri 30 Mar 2018 at 12:15:18 (-0400), rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, March 30, 2018 11:17:32 AM Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> > There's ~/.config
> > (https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/file-hierarchy.html#~/.co
> > nfig) . Many apps use it, but still the majority uses ~ directly (and
> > probably allways will).
>
> And now to comment on the above (again)--yes, true, but even if they all used
> ~/.config, that wouldn't really satisfy me.

But this should convince you that your "vice versa" is a dead duck:
you can only attempt to move people's personal information and leave
the configuration side to evolve as it is doing. I suppose the
creation of ~/{Desktop,Documents,Public,Templates,…} is a step in that
direction.

Cheers, David.