Re: A Problem with Firefox Quantum

On Sun, 01 Apr 2018 07:20:36 -0400 "Stephen P. Molnar"
<s.molnar@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 04/01/2018 04:18 AM, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Mar 2018, Curt wrote:
> >
> >> Try:
> >>
> >> about:config
> >>
> >> browser.urlbar.unifiedcomplete
> >>
> >> Change boolean value to false.
> >>
> >> Restart browser.
> >
> >   Are you on Linux? For me (on Debian Stretch), with all Firefox
> > versions,
> >   the field name is
> >
> >     browser.urlbar.autocomplete.enabled
> >
> >    and I don't need to restart the browser
> >

> Yes, the OS is Debian Stretch.  Changing
> browser.urlbar.autocomplete.enabled made no difference.

Changing to "flase" worked on my Openbox window manager-menu-lxpanel
only version of Wheezy Firefox 59.0.2. Ditto in Stretch similarly
configured running in VirtualBox.  Both using DuckDuckGo.  Search in
both in URL bar didn't work at all if I used Google search engine.