Re: A Problem with Firefox Quantum

On 03/30/2018 01:01 PM, Curt wrote:
On 2018-03-30, Stephen P. Molnar <s.molnar@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
I am running Debian Stretch on my Linux platform and have a rather
annoying problem.

I have upgraded Firefox to Firefox Quantum, currently v-59.0.2
(64-bit).  Unasked for by me every time that I run a search I get 6
search recommendations.

Google has come up with how to remove the pocket, how to remove search
engines, how to remove . . . . but the 'Search Recommendations' persist.

Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the blasted thing?  No, I
really don't want to switch browsers.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/search-suggestions-firefox

Which says:

   un-check() the Provide search suggestions box in the Search section
   of Firefox's preferences...

Or are you referring to something else entirely?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the suggestions, so far. Unfortunately, that's not the problem. Checked or not checked the 'Search Recommendations' are still there.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.
Consultant