Re: A Problem with Firefox Quantum

On 2018-03-30, Stephen P. Molnar <s.molnar@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I am running Debian Stretch on my Linux platform and have a rather
> annoying problem.
>
> I have upgraded Firefox to Firefox Quantum, currently v-59.0.2
> (64-bit).  Unasked for by me every time that I run a search I get 6
> search recommendations.
>
> Google has come up with how to remove the pocket, how to remove search
> engines, how to remove . . . . but the 'Search Recommendations' persist.
>
> Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the blasted thing?  No, I
> really don't want to switch browsers.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/search-suggestions-firefox

Which says:

  un-check() the Provide search suggestions box in the Search section
  of Firefox's preferences...

Or are you referring to something else entirely?

--
We are no longer the same, you wiser but not sadder, and I sadder but not
wiser, for wiser I could hardly become without grave personal inconvenience,