Re: Debian 9 sucks really badly

On 03/23/2018 08:31 PM, Chris Anderson wrote:
Hello

I have been using different flavours of Linux since slackware 96 over 20 years ago. Since then I have installed and used at least a dozen different flavours. By far the most challenging was the X windows system for slackware but I managed to get it installed and running with no problems.

Last week I bought a new PC and decided to try debian so I downloaded the DVD version 9 and performed a fresh install besides windows 10. Right from the off, it fucked up, Grubb was a hassle as this was the default boot loader,(I have always used LILO), it would not find the windows partition, I managed to fix this. Then it didn't give me a choice of X windows manager, I was stuck with KDE, which I am familiar with and am aware of its may limitations and given the choice I wouldn't use KDE for installation and configuration.

Nearly everything fucked up from the Network install to the gcc make command, what a hassle and after spending nearly a week trying to get it all working I've had enough and am not wasting any more of my time on this awful software.

So thanks for wasting my time Debian and for future reference, go and get fucked!!!

Chris Anderson

Linus! Is that you?
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid/Testing - Trinity KDE 3.5 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda8
Registered Linux User #380263