i386 game without wine32

I have a x86_64 archetecture on my Debian Stretch system... I am trying to play a i386 pc game but when i try to install wine32 in the terminal i get the following message.

josh@debian:/var/lib/dpkg$ sudo apt-get install wine32
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package wine32 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'wine32' has no installation candidate

&&

I looked up wine32 and found that there was a bug report filed and they were getting the same output as i was. Here is the link "https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=767096"... I followed the instructions and my output was:

josh@debian:/var/lib/dpkg$ sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 && apt-get update && apt-get install wine32
Reading package lists... Done
W: chmod 0700 of directory /var/lib/apt/lists/partial failed - SetupAPTPartialDirectory (1: Operation not permitted)
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)

josh@debian:~$ dpkg --add-architecture i386 && apt-get update && apt-get install wine32
dpkg: error: unable to create new file '/var/lib/dpkg/arch-new': Permission denied

&&

I also looked up the man page for i386 and it sent me to setarch man page... So my question is "Can i make an environment that my cpu can read that is i386 or i686 while maintaing a x86_64 bit operating sysetem for everything else??"