Re: Missing Shared Object File for ffmpeg

On 2018-03-20, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> Try "apt-file search" (in package apt-file):
>
>   tomas@trotzki:~$ apt-file search libopenal.so.1
>   libopenal1: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopenal.so.1
>   libopenal1: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopenal.so.1.17.2
>
> I guess libopenal gets loaded on-demand as a plugin. Are you
> sure you are trying the same video on both systems? Otherwise,
> I don't have an idea on what could cause this difference.

Yes the package is libopenal1. I don't have the package in Stretch,
though ffmpeg is installed.

 ffmpeg -formats

informs me that my ffmpeg was configured with "--enable-openal" and
includes the "D  openal          OpenAL audio capture device".

This post is probably what they call "superfétatoire" in French.

--
Bah, the latest news, the latest news is not the last.
Samuel Beckett