Re: Ideal place to set environment variables

Hi Ben,

Under XFCE, I have ~/.config/xfce4/xinitrc something like this:

#!/bin/sh
export LC_COLLATE=C
export PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH
export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk2
export GTK_OVERLAY_SCROLLING=0
umask 007
. /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc
Thanks for telling me this. Since I also use Xfce, it makes sense for me to go this route. Can you tell me where I can read more about this file preferably in the context of Xfce?

Thanks,
Subhadip