bad torrent download

If you get one of these I know you can use set xfer.verify yes in a ~/.lftprc file to enable validation. What I'd like to know is with lftp does something that can be set exist so after a bad torrent is downloaded and validated we can get a count of the errors caught and fixed by the verification process? It appears lftp on subsequent runs is increasing errors in the downloaded torrent not decreasing them. I usually find these once growisofs burns a dvd since growisofs correctly reports errors that later turn up to be show stoppers.