Re: XFCE and network manager

On 16/03/18 18:38, solitone wrote:
Just installed scratch with xfce4 on an oldish machine, downloading all
the needed packages through my wifi adapter.
On first boot wifi is down, and there is no application I can use to
choose and connect to my wifi access point.
I realize that xfce's own Airconfig has never lifted off and is
currently unreleased, abandoned and unmaintained, so xfce users usually
use NetworkManager or Wicd.
I would suggest that any of these is installed by default when xfce is
chosen during installation.

Did you upgrade or was this a fresh install?

task-xfce-desktop recommends network-manager-gnome (and thus network-manager) on sid and stretch:
https://packages.debian.org/sid/task-xfce-desktop

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>