Re: Finding image file underlying an icon on Mate desktop

On 2018-03-14, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

> Is there a way?
> [for current application creating a new icon will be simple]
> [finding the old icon would be convenient]

It seems right-clicking on the desktop and selecting “Change
Desktop Background”, then “Customize,” then "Icons," will reveal a list
of all the icons installed on the system.

And yes, this is the Internet so you're supposed to tailor your
questions to our answers rather than the reverse, as someone pointedly
pointed out in the "pointers" thread (after having changed the point).

--
Bah, the latest news, the latest news is not the last.
Samuel Beckett