Re: set default print options on printer

On Fri 09 Mar 2018 at 23:19:28 -0500, Gary Dale wrote:

> On 2018-03-09 07:13 AM, Brian wrote:
> > It is okular without KDE here and it honours lpoptions. Try
> > lpoptions -p Samsung_C410_Series -o PageSize=Letter
> >
> Does that require a restart because it doesn't seem to fix the problem.
> After I entered the command, $HOME/.cups/lpoptions contains "Dest
> Samsung_C410_Series PageSize=Letter" but Okular still wants to use A4.

Neither okular nor cups needs a restart. After the command above,

  lpoptions -p Samsung_C410_Series -l

should show Letter as the default PageSize.

BTW, it is possible to alter $HOME/.cups/lpoptions from within okular.
File/Print/Name/Properties/Advanced. Highlight Page Size and double-
click at the right side of the highlighted portion.

Perhaps you have encountered the bug in Qt that Curt pointed to.

--
Brian.