Re: Help needed with home network configuration:[SOLVED]

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 23:22:36 +0200
Johann Spies <johann.spies@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks again for all the inputs.
>
> I have tried a third option: arno-iptables-firewall.
>
> Now I can reach the internet from the local network.  I still don't
> understand why I could not
> get it working with Shorewall which I have used for many years.

If you have time, and the inclination, run Shorewall one more time,
then the command

	iptables -S > shore.rules

Then run arno again, and do the same to make arno.rules. The listings
will be quite different, but really ought to do the same job, and you
may be able to see why they don't.

I tried a few firewall tools long ago, and gave up because they weren't
very transparent. If you write iptables commands directly, you can be
reasonably sure of what's going on.

--
Joe