Re: set default print options on printer

On 03/07/2018 09:35 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
I have a Samsung C410 printer attached to a Stretch server via USB and also available via wifi. There doesn't seem to be a default print setting for paper size but the cups listing for the printer shows:

Defaults:job-sheets=none, none media=na_letter_8.5x11in sides=one-sided

which is correct. However when I try to print a PDF using Okular, the paper size is set to A4. If I forget to change it to letter, the print gets chopped off at the top.

Any ideas on what is causing this and how do I correct it?

Thanks.

I have had similar problems with various programs, especially Master PDF Editor 4, but not exclusively. I think there may be some kind of fault in cups that keeps changing the specified

page size to A4, regardless of what you have set it to. Running PCLOS KDE5, and this problem did not exist in KDE4, but I have no idea where the fault actually lies. I hope someone figures

it out and comes up with a cure. The latest updates seem to allow one to correct the page size on a job by job basis--i.e., open the printer properties for each item you want to print and

set it to Letter (8½ x 11) and it will usually stay for that instance. PITA! One of my two printers seems to work better in that area--go figure!

--doug