Re: can someone tell me how to make FF fill out, or type into a form, and submit it?

On Sunday, March 04, 2018 11:50:35 PM Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 04 March 2018 23:35:37 rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Sunday, March 04, 2018 10:19:00 PM Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > I have just completed trying nearly all the browsers in the wheezy
> > > repo's, without finding one that can do that. All, when arriving at
> > > such a page, spin the mouse cursor forever, blocking any progress
> > > from that point on. I can with most, type into the form, but the
> > > spinning cursor prevents any response to the submit, or next page
> > > buttons. True even when no pluggins are installed.
> > >
> > > Is there a fix for this?
> >
> > Do you have an example of a form / URL that doesn't work?  I don't
> > think I have any trouble.
>
> <https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/write-a-letter?2&engagementId=445634&;
> ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxhwtCJFUCsnlrluM4QSDJeqmcYN5jmug6V2q9RP_8-SOOx5PXb4pa
> ZhXnlxtyGH9YCL4UVSCeBoIFgSVb6g9EgGPRJvaj0kX1ncsMZDmmLMc&lp=0>

Well, that page did not work for me with Firefox ESR 52.6.0 (64-bit) on my
Wheezy system, even after enabling Java and Javascript and disabling NoScript.

Such a failure is unusual for me--occasionally, I have found a few pages with
a similar problem, and without knowing exactly, I attribute the problem to the
webpage using more advanced features than my version of Firefox can deal with.

I may try the same page later on my Jessie (iirc) system with a more up-to-
date Firefox.  (It is a pain / frustrating to type in that information and
then have it fail to do anything, but this (the subject of the petition) is an
important issue.)