Re: printer with static ip address inaccessible from lan

On 02/27/2018 08:04 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Tuesday 27 February 2018 16:21:59 Thomas George wrote:

I tried dnsmasq --dhcp-host=00:15:99:86:11:1F,CLP,192.168.2.13

and the response was "failed to create listening socket for port 53:
Address already in use." Tried several other final two digits with the
same result. I even tried 192.168.1.139, the address the printer
prints out on its Network Configuration Report and got the same
response.

If you can see that on the printers own display, go read the printers
docs as I expect that can be changed to the correct subnet via the
printers own control panel. That is the only way I have ever configured
the higher end Brother I have other than cups but cups can't change
that.
The printer has no physical control panel. I can only change the settings if I can reach it through its IP address.

Perhaps I don't understand or am using the wrong dnsmasq option?